Sunday, August 4, 2013

Back to School AGAIN!

Howdy All,
 It has once again been a long time since my last post...but I'm gonna try better to do it more often!

 Fall is coming, which means school starts soon...Ella is 5 now and going to be starting Kindergarten and headed off to the big world of public school!!! She is very excited!

 Ian on the hand didn't have a very good year last year...lets see two years ago in kindergarten we pulled him out of public half way through the because he was having a hard year...getting in trouble a bit and not doing well...then last year we had planned on homeschooling...well actually charter school...but it was much too overwhelming for me because I was still working part time and it was so stressful...so we put him in public...though I wasn't happy about it...
 Then half way through the year again we decided that he needed something different...his teacher said she thought he should be tested for ADHD and maybe put on Meds...so we pulled him out of school to homeschool and had him tested and he was diagnosed with ADHD and put on 18mg of Ritalin at which point my husband (and part of me) thought that he was good now and put him back in school...for about 5 weeks that dose worked...so then the Dr upped his dose...he was now on 27mg and that worked for about 6 weeks and then he was back to how he had been before...so another Dr upped his meds again...so now he was given 36mg of Ritalin (SPEED)...
 Well anyway after that long hard time of having no idea what we were doing and just listening to Dr.s and reading a few things we finally decided that meds were NOT right for us!!! He has been off meds for a month now and he isn't perfect...he isn't "fixed"...but he is my little man! He is a 7 year old boy...who is hyper and doesn't listen well...and is hard to handle sometime...and is stressful...but he is MINE! And we decided instead of sending him back to public and having to deal with principals notes all year and emails from his teacher about how he isn't listening or he is not sitting still or he is picking on other kids...we are keeping him home with his mama! Also I quit my job so I can give him almost all of my time during the day while Ella is at school!

 I'm very excited for both of my babies...I have NO idea what the future holds for Ian as far as public or home and same for Ella...who knows! We will just continue to pray that God shows us the right way to go!



Have a WONDERFUL rest of summer everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment