Friday, February 3, 2012

The adventure begins...

He isn't choking the cat...just trying to get her to look at the camera! :D He loves his Shuggy! (that's the cat's name)
  
   Our son is 5 years old (going to be 6 at the end of March)...he has been to 3 year old Preschool...and 4K...and this year he started Kindergarten...and was SO excited...and the first half of the year went WONDERFULLY! 

    But then a little bit after Christmas Break he was starting to get into trouble...getting notes written by the teacher about him not listening more than usual and then the REAL notes started...we got one from the bus driver stating that he wasn't listening on the bus and then a few from the school stating that he was doing certain things wrong at school that were not huge things but he was being destructive and not showing any kind of remorse...matter of a fact...his teacher said he was smiling the one time he was getting "talked to" about his misbehaving...that's just NOT my little boy!We had also heard that he was "bullying" some kids and then he told us some kids were "bullying" him...they were calling names and hitting him is what he said...

   He has always been a "testing" type of child...and always liked to push the limits and see how far he could get...but this seemed EXTREME...so after MUCH thought and PRAYER Paul and I decided to pull him out of Public School and Home School him...we are starting on Monday! And we just feel like this is the BEST option for us for now...we haven't decided if he will be home schooled for more than the next few months but for now it will be through May.
I have ALWAYS been the type to say I wouldn't have the patients to teach my own child at home...it's great for some people but NOT me...and I knew the WHOLE deal...I was home schooled for 9 or the 12 years of school and my baby brother who is 10 years younger than me has been home schooled his WHOLE school career and I have friends that home school their children...

   Well we will see if I was right or not about the patients but I have to tell you...I have this overwhelming CONFIDENCE about me being able to do this...and it make my little boy a HAPPY little boy again...NOT an angry... mean... disrespectful... rude... little boy!

 So this Blog will be for ideas I have found or heard about and how everything is going with the process!!!


 Wish us luck and please pray this is what 
God wanted for us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment