Monday, February 20, 2012

Our crazy weekend

   Well it's been a few days...and there's good reason...after school on Wed. one of my girl friends and I were headed to some quilt shops...just a fun day away...and after we had been driving for a couple hours and got to the farthest away one the car started acting up...over heating...running it self out of anti-freeze/coolant...so we continued on our "adventure"...because the car needed to cool down in between shops and we were the farthest away that we were gonna go...so after all of that we DID finally make it home! But it was already 11pm by that time!

   So that night my hubby and I talked and decided that the kids and would "limp" it to our home town to get fixed...I ONLY trust the guys down there...they are WONDERFUL!!!   So Thur morning we got in the car and headed down...made it about half way and the car wouldn't go anymore...it over heated...so my mom then had to drive an hour to come get us...then we waited a few more hours at her house and when my little brother got off work we went with his truck and a car dolly (that my LOVELY Uncle paid for...as a Christmas present he said) to pick up the car...got it to the shop by 5pm...

   The next morning (Fri.) I ran over (with some fresh baked Chocolate Chip Cookies) to see what they thought was wrong with it...and told them I needed to leave that night because I worked at 9am the next day (Sat.)...they thought they knew what was wrong but had to do a couple more things to it first...so my mom and I ran about 45 minutes away to some stores she needed to go to...and we got back about 2pm...and I had wanted to get on the road about 3pm...so we stopped back at the shop...and they hadn't worked on it! Normally I would be PISSED...but they had a bunch of other cars scheduled and I had just brought mine in without notice!

   So thankfully my in-laws are away on vacation at the moment and one of their cars was available...so I ended up leaving Paul's car (the gimpy one) in my home town...packed up the kids in my in-law's van...and came home...then worked all day on Sat...was SUPER tired on Sunday...and now I am trying to get the kids to clean their rooms a little...before we start school.


   We are still working on Clocks...and while we were in my home town my mother gave me some of the things she had used for my little brother (who is also home schooled) and my little brother worked with Ian on Fri. while my mother and I were shopping...they played with Technic Legos...gears and stuff...Ian LOVED it...he cried when I said it was time to go!


   So sorry this was a long winded thing...but it's been a VERY busy weekend...and I am VERY happy to be back home..though we dont have our car back yet...it's good to get back to the "normal" daily stuff! :D

   Have a great week...and there is more to come!

1 comment:

  1. I loved hearing about your busy weekend and I LOVE that you refer to Joey as your "little" brother! People who don't know him probably think he's about 12!

    ReplyDelete